Right - Ottoman Imperial Navy crest (1862-1903), consisting of three six (or five) -pointed stars with an anchor.
The 1860 Ottoman Navy version of the crest also continued in use, in the 1876-1908 Ottoman Imperial Navy, this retained two stars, and crescent over an anchor.
Right - An 1876-1908 Sailor's belt buckle, that was recovered from the ship wreak of the frigate Ertugrul that sunk in 1889, in the sea of Japan .
 Turkish Airlines: Skylife. 2010/2014 AN OTTOMAN SHIP IN JAPAN THE FRIGATE ERTUGRUL. Skylife.com (September).
 The 1876-1908 Ottoman Imperial Navy's anchor over crescent buckle version is often cunfused with modern Turkish Navy insignia, as the same combination is still used. The later T.C.B buckle has an identical construction to earlier imperial versions execpt that the 'anchor over crescent' badge is smaller and lower down on the buckle face, and the large block letters have been added.
Above - Imperial Ottoman Navy steamship ranks above the Navy ONBASI (Corporal), CAVUS (Sergeant), BASCAVUS (Sergeant-Major):
A: Company Adjutant (Master Chief Petty Officer).
B: Master Gunner.
C: SERDUMEN (Quarter-Master)
D: 1st Stoker.
E: 2nd Stoker.
Navy ranks such as the ONBASI (Corporal), CAVUS (Sergeant), BASCAVUS (Sergeant-Major), wore red chevrons. Whereas, the Imperial Army junior officers wore red chevrons, with gold/yellow tips.
The Navy Infantry Battalion, were sailors trained as infantry for land duties.
The Navy Infantry Battalion had its own regimental staff, band, as well as a special 'award' sultan's standard:
The Sanjakdar (standard bearer) had the rank, directly under a Navy Binbasi (a Lieutenant Commander, with three gold cuff-rings).
Right - According the photograph captions contained in the Abdul-Hamid II collection, at the US Library of Congress both the Naval Fire Brigade and Navy Battalion of Fusiliers (or Infantry), were brigaded together. The Naval Infantry were a battalion strength unit, formed from sailors separate from the Ironclad Fleet Division.
Right - Gabriel pasha Sevian (1822-1900) military doctor of Ottoman Imperial Navy. He is wearing the 1876 full dress uniform of the Doctor-General (the overall commander of medical services in the Navy). The original 1876 rank system for Imperial Army as well as Navy medical officers, had only three ranks in addition to the 'Doctor-General', who was a Imperial Navy Liva (Major-General), and these were:
Rank was shown with shoulder boards only. However, the Doctor-General had navy -styled cuff rings. He was the only officer to not have a ring-knot in the top cuff ring (unlike other Imperial Navy officers who had the ring-knot in the top cuff ring).
Right - The Abdul-Hamid II Collection (Library of Congress), identifies these sailors as part of 'The Naval Fire Brigade'. These were the Imperial Navy Sailors who protected the Docks against fires, and like the Imperial Guard's Firemen Regiment also provided base security to the dock areas. They wore navy uniforms with the red firemen helmet, however this had an anchor badge rather than the Order of Orta (Crescent) Badge.
Right - 1876-1908 Ottoman Navy wet weather gear:
Right - ONNIK & CIE BRODEURS DE LA COUR illustrates a typical Onnik made pre-WW1 Ottoman Imperial Navy button. Founded in 1870, by Onnik Lazian in Constantinople became the main French owned court jewellers in Constantinople, at the turn of the century. Onnik made items such as court swords, display company engraving emphasises that Onnik was in fact one of the Imperial Court jewellers by appointment, usually stating “Brodeurs de la Cour Imperiale Constantinople", translating as ‘Embroiderers to the Imperial Court Constantinople’.
Above/Right - The back of a 1908 Ottoman Imperial Navy button with Ottoman script, indicats pre-WW1 manufacture.
Righ - The 1908 pattern of button has stayed in use till currently. The pre-1950s version are identical manufacture in gilt brass, to the pre-WW1 before the introduction of modern post-WW2 materials like 'stay bright'. The back mark: A.K.-JSTANNBUL with the capital 'A' is a typical pre-1950s Turkish maker.